Car hire

Sarah W

Hi folks.

After two years away I'll be home for a few days next month (23rd-28th March) and will need to hire a car to take my grandmother's ashes down to Tramore. Any suggestions as to the cheapest car hire, either from the airport or Dublin city centre?

Thanks in advance.

Sarah W

Why? I was thinking of using them for a weekend before Easter. Rates seemed v good.

I find that online brokers such as http://www.carhire3000.com (www.carhire3000.com) v. good.

I used ebookers twice in the last 3 months for UK rental. Compare their .co.uk sterling price with the .ie euro price. I have found it is much cheaper on the UK site.

Last time I used europcar.ie they're based on Baggot St Bridge so very handy. Got a good deal when I made contact by phone - sales girl was very helpful. I would recommend.

I rented from them recently and each day i had the car i had at least two calls a day from them asking when i would return the car. One call was very abusive, i had it in writing when i was going to return the car ,and so had they so there was no need for calls . If you want to put up with this sort of service, you will get it from enterprise rent a car. If you prefer a hassle free few days id advise you to use another hire company.

Back