Car for twins

Iri2903

Hello,

I am looking for an used car for twins who are coming in few months.
We have already had a toddler of four who is sitting in a booster car seat.

Is there a "normal" 5 seats model suitable for fitting 3 car seats plus space in the boot?

Or the only option available is a MPV 7 seaters?

Considering in one year probably we will need three boosters to fit in.

Mileage: 10k km/year
Budget: max 8k

I read previous posts but they are a bit dated.

Could you please someone suggest me some models/experience?

Thanks in advance!

Is there a "normal" 5 seats model suitable for fitting 3 car seats plus space in the boot?
Something like a VW Touran or Ford S-Max will have 3 Isofix fixings in the rear.

You really have to test with your preferred car seats as even if they all "fit" it the seatbelt buckles can be very difficult to access.

My daughter bought a Kia Carens recently as they have 2 in car seats and new baby, all 3 will fit in back seat but there also is the optional two seats in boot. Not sure about cost though, hers was 2016 for about 16k which included the trade in so not sure if you get them old enough to fit in your budget. I drive it a lot and it's a very comfortable nice yoke to drive, doesn't feel huge at all, great space in the boot when not using the optional seats there.

She had actually been looking for a volkswagon touran but couldn't fine one in budget and just happened on the Kia. There is a Rear Facing Ireland FB page that discusses stuff like this so you could join and do a search there.

She had actually been looking for a volkswagon touran but couldn't fine one in budget and just happened on the Kia. There is a Rear Facing Ireland FB page that discusses stuff like this so you could join and do a search there.
Friends have one of those and can't get 3 ISO fix seats in, but not sure what seats they are using. That group is a good call, supposed to be very helpful.

My brother has a new baby on the way and has another 2 in boosters. He went to Tony Kealy's and asked them which was the best car for having a load of booster seats in it and was told the Ford S-Max, so that's what he got. No issues so far. New baby next week, so we'll see how that goes!

I managed to fit car seats for twins and a singleton in the back of a Volkswagon Passatt.

In that budget also have a look at Peugeot 5008. As others have said, make sure to bring your seats with you and actually fit them in the car before buying. Not all seats are the same.

Good point that not all car seats are the same. You can check the dimensions online and try to buy less bukly ones.

Here are a few ideas, it's from a few years ago, so these models will have found their way into the second hand market at this stage. Good luck with your decision.

Rear-facing is the way to go to fit 3 across in a normal car. It's far safer, and the widest part of the car seat is the back, so rear-facing maximises the space. You could fit rear in the two window seats and forward facing in the middle in many cars, passat etc. Good summary above or into the carseat blogs for answers to make your current car work. Best of luck!

My sister had this predicament and put one of the baby seats in the front - rear facing and turned off the airbag.
Renault Scenic have 3 distinct seats which will facilitate 3 in a row.
good luck with it

My sister had this predicament and put one of the baby seats in the front - rear facing and turned off the airbag.
The problem is that adults will use the front seat too sometimes and it's easy to forget to switch the airbag back on again.

I did this a few times and got quite a fright when I realised.

Try an estate car great for swallowing stuff in the back

Skoda Superb Estate for example

Back