car for driver plus four children

Yea, I'm heading towards the Mondeo. It's much bigger than the A6, which came as a surprise to me (it's the same size as the old Ford Scorpio). I've been driving an ’08 one for the last few weeks (a 1.6L petrol) and it’s really a great car, if a little underpowered.

According to carzone's empirical data 'compare' tool, its not actually bigger really, although I would have also thought it was. Its 1 inch wider alright (which may just be bigger mirrors), but the A6 has a bigger boot, and is 3in longer.
The mondeo has 1cm more shoulder room in the rear, but other than that, its the A6 all the way.
I've compared 2 saloon cars, so perhaps the hatchback Mondeo will have more bootspace.

heres the link:

Looking outside the Beemer & Audis that you have mentioned, and if it has to be diesel you could do worse than look at the accord (one of the best engines on the market):
[broken link removed]

Or if you are looking for something for performance and room for all the family, what about a subaru outback:

[broken link removed]

...... Good luck with the car-hunting, the worlds your lobster!

I have done a few test drives (Mondeo, 5-Series, Accord, Outback) and I am swinging towards the 5 series. The Accord feels a bit small and I know from owning a Civic before that parts are very expensive. The Outback... I just didn't like the drive and it's damned ugly. The Mondeo is a great car but there do seem to be a few reliability issues and the 5-series feels nicer to drive.

i have a mondeo ... usually have 2 boosters in the back (lots of room)... had a visitor at the weekend tried to put a third one in ... it wouldn't fit.

I have done a few test drives (Mondeo, 5-Series, Accord, Outback) and I am swinging towards the 5 series. The Accord feels a bit small and I know from owning a Civic before that parts are very expensive. The Outback... I just didn't like the drive and it's damned ugly. The Mondeo is a great car but there do seem to be a few reliability issues and the 5-series feels nicer to drive.

I would have though that the cost of parts/servicing on an accord or a BMW would be similar.

Back