car flags - blue with white star

Gordanus

Anyone seen these around? Mainly seen in Rathgar/Rathmines/Churchtown. Anyone know what they signify?

I'm guessing diplomatic. Do they look anything like this? Alternatively, the Russian embassy is located in Rathgar, their national flag doesn't have a white star though...

I'm guessing diplomatic. Do they look anything like this? Alternatively, the Russian embassy is located in Rathgar, their national flag doesn't have a white star though...
yeh I too saw at least 2 cars today in Rathgar/Terenure area with flags just like your link and I also am curious

YES. It is St. Mary's College Rugby team, Rathmines. Up our side of the bog!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw one on Dorset Street and one in Phibsboro! Are they really for a Rathmines rugby team? If so did they have visas and permission to be on the northside? :D

Somalia doesnt have a government right, so they're not likely to have any diplomats in Ireland. Country is controlled (if control is the correct word) by 2 rival groups of warlords.

Saw one on Dorset Street and one in Phibsboro! Are they really for a Rathmines rugby team? If so did they have visas and permission to be on the northside? :D

Cheeky!;) They were probably on the way home from a dinner party in Marbella, Cannes or Baden Baden.

YES. It is St. Mary's College Rugby team, Rathmines

Who? Bunch of Kids plaing rugger? mummy be so proud! They should try out for the Irish team, anything be better than yesterday against the old enemy

It was because St Mary's were in the Senior Schools Final on Sunday. They lost 11-10 to Belvo.

One might wonder about the increased carbon footprint associated with the extra drag caused by the flags (four, in come cases) on all those yummy-mummies SUVs

Back