Motor Car Crash Personal injury claims

A

andyek

Hi i was in a car crash on new years day,a car crased into the rear of the car i was a passenger in, I was just wondering how long should it take for the insurance co. of the driver who crashed into me to ring me back, i contacted them over a week ago and have still heard nothing, i was told i dont really need a solicitor to make a personal injury claim. is this true? Im havin really bad neck and back pains, iv bin to the doctors and he gave me tablets but they dont seem to be working. thanks

Re: Car Crash Personal injury claim's

as there are a lot of false claims made,all injuries must be substaintiated by medical records and other such evidance.keep a diary of events,and a record of all costs.it may be the case that the car you were in will be the insurance company you will be claiming off.

Hi i was in a car crash on new years day,a car crased into the rear of the car i was a passenger in, I was just wondering how long should it take for the insurance co. of the driver who crashed into me to ring me back, i contacted them over a week ago and have still heard nothing, i was told i dont really need a solicitor to make a personal injury claim. is this true? Im havin really bad neck and back pains, iv bin to the doctors and he gave me tablets but they dont seem to be working. thanks

Well firstly you need to get yourself sorted, if the meds arent working for you, and you are still in pain, you need to go back to your GP.

As regards the personal injury, You dont need to have a solicitor but a lot of people seem to advise that you see one. That's entirely up to you. If you intend to lodge a claim for a personal injury you have to go through the injuries board. Their website will run you through the process of lodging a claim and your obligations ie issuing a letter of claim etc.
Their website is: injuriesboard.ie

You will have to get a medical report from your GP and as mentioned above keep all receipts. Do go to the injuries board site as they have quite a bit of info on it and there's a phone number if you need to ask any questions.

Well firstly you need to get yourself sorted, if the meds arent working for you, and you are still in pain, you need to go back to your GP.

As regards the personal injury, You dont need to have a solicitor but a lot of people seem to advise that you see one. That's entirely up to you. If you intend to lodge a claim for a personal injury you have to go through the injuries board. Their website will run you through the process of lodging a claim and your obligations ie issuing a letter of claim etc.
Their website is: injuriesboard.ie

You will have to get a medical report from your GP and as mentioned above keep all receipts. Do go to the injuries board site as they have quite a bit of info on it and there's a phone number if you need to ask any questions.

I work at InjuriesBoard.ie.

The Board's Service Centre phone number is 1890 829 121 and it is open from 8am to 8pm.

Here http://www.injuriesboard.ie/eng/Making_a_Claim/ is a link to the Making a Claim section of www.injuriesboard.ie.

Thanks for the help

It is vital that you speak to a solicitor before approaching the injuries board. remember they do not give you legal advice and almost all injury claimants use a solicitor. if you have already contacted them you should still talk to a solicitor. only a percentage of claims are settled through the injuries board and the rest go the normal route after the injuries board process has been exhausted.

And never ever accept an offer from a third party insurance company without talking to a solicitor first. remember their job is to pay you as little as possible so that first offer will be just that - a first offer. A solicitor will be able to advise you on the realistic compensation amount which as previous posters have said will mainly be dependent on your medical report from the accident.

This sounds like it could be a serious injury and if it is whiplash then it could be a long time before you know the full extent of your injuries. This can cause much pain for the rest of your life. It might be tempting to settle now for relatively fast cash but you could live to regret that you didn't go to a solicitor who will most likely advise you to get several medical examinations over a period of time.

Thanks for the help

Hi andyek, I would also advise you to go to a solicitor and agree with what legal eagle had to say. I would do this promptly as there are time limits to be complied with in these cases.

If you are worried about the cost a lot of solicitors won't expect payment until the compensation is awarded.

Back