Car crash insurance claims

chrisboy

Hope someone can help here, a named driver on my policy was in a tip on sunday where herself and another car touched off each other side to side while going round a roundabout. He's claiming its her fault, she crossed the line and she says it was his fault, he crossed the line..

He rang to say the damage was 800 euro and went nuts when i said it was his fault. I dont want to claim for the damage to my car as i want to keep my no claims bonus, but i just think that the insurance companies are gonna go 50:50 on this as there's no personal injury and it'll only be 1500 euro approx between the two insurance companies.. Then we both lose our no claims bonus and are screwed for the next few years..

The guards weren't called, the only witness is the passenger in his car.

Am i wrong in thinking that the inurance company will bother with this case and just give 50:50? And has anyone any advice as to how to explain this to the other party?

I hope i'm okay posting this here, thanks in advance..

Probably be 50-50 as they are both saying the same thing, though he might have a stronger case as he has a witness. Are you sure she is telling you the truth? Maybe she just don't want to get into trouble.
Also, who was in which lane? In my experience, car in the left lane frequently drive "straight" through the roundabout, cutting into the right hand lane....it's much harder to do if you are in the right-hand lane as you have to swing out quiet far.

With the way the irish use roundabouts....I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often!

Probably be 50-50 as they are both saying the same thing, though he might have a stronger case as he has a witness. Are you sure she is telling you the truth? Maybe she just don't want to get into trouble.
Also, who was in which lane? In my experience, car in the left lane frequently drive "straight" through the roundabout, cutting into the right hand lane....it's much harder to do if you are in the right-hand lane as you have to swing out quiet far.

With the way the irish use roundabouts....I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often!

The minor damage on my car would suggest they just brushed against each other. She says she was tight to the roundabout, he was in the left lane..

Since the only witness is his mate, would that not be a biast view, considering he'd be more interested in lookin after his mate?

I dont think they would take his 'witness' into consideration.

My partner was in a minor collision on a country road with a jeep and trailer. Myself and his mother was in the car - we weren't even asked about the events, and it was found 50:50.

Back