car auction - one owner not true

Hi, just to update. Got a letter today from Merlin's solicitors saying as a gesture of goodwill and without prejudice (not admitting liability) they are offering a full refund!

Hi, just to update. Got a letter today from Merlin's solicitors saying as a gesture of goodwill and without prejudice (not admitting liability) they are offering a full refund!

Just read this thread and glad I did. Was going to go to Merlin for a van in the next few weeks but have changed my mind pretty quickly now. Well done for posting the problems and even though Merlin have agreed to a refund, the fact that they are only doing so 'as a gesture of goodwill' shows that they are engaging in sharp practices IMO. Hope someone from Merlin is following this thread and realsises how many potential customers they have lost. Well done AAM.

Amazing coincidence, about 10 minutes ago I decided to log on to search for an update on this thread to see if you had any feedback.
Glad to hear that it is being sorted in the best possible way for you.
I have been at a few of the auctions just to get the hang of what goes on and am much more wary now anyway.
There seems to be lots of high mileage cars and I haven`t seen any great bargains considering the risk you take when buying at auction, most are moved on as unsold after not meeting the reserve price which in some cases is as high as a high street garage price anyway.

Back