Car accident - I was at fault

• Thread starter JohnnyBlaze
  • Start date
J

JohnnyBlaze

Hi
I had an car accident this morning where I made a turned right without looking and the car going straight on crashed into me. No one was hurt (well now anyway, who knows what braces will turn up later).

I have 3rd party fire and theft.

Because it was my fault, is it possible the insurance company will refuse to pay the other driver and what would happen. Would the other party sue me?

I didn't break the law but was a bit careless. Just looking for any reassurance.

JB

The other party might sue you, but you should pass on anything to your insurance company.

You were negligent, that's what insurance is for. Don't worry. Even if you were convicted of dangerous or careless driving the insurance would still have to pay out.

I would not go around admitting liability. For a start the insurer might not cover you if you do.

Hi
I had an car accident this morning where I made a turned right without looking and the car going straight on crashed into me. No one was hurt (well now anyway, who knows what braces will turn up later).

I have 3rd party fire and theft.

Because it was my fault, is it possible the insurance company will refuse to pay the other driver and what would happen. Would the other party sue me?

I didn't break the law but was a bit careless. Just looking for any reassurance.

JB

Did the other car hit you from behind or where ?

As David said you should never admit liability.

Billo

From what you have said there is no reason that your insurers or the other persons insurance will not pay for any claims that arise from the accident.As you said no one was hurt, so don't worry about it and let the insurance companies sort it out. I hope there wasn't to much damage done to your car

Back