Car accident and insurance

noel123ie

Hi

My aunt was involved in an accident where an individual came out of a 2nd road and hit her. The Gardai were called and advised that the other party was in the wrong and that the individual involved had called his father who lived locally and was very aggressive and was blaming my aunt.

We contacted out insurance company and they advised that the other party was liable.

We swopped telephone nos and the day after the guys father called me and asked we deal with it ourselves and how was my aunt etc. He wanted us to settle our own damages. I advied that we were better letting insurance companies deal with it.

Now 3 weeks have gone by and a week ago the other parties insurance company advised that there client would be liable unless he could provide new evidence is provided to the contrary and would write to him and give me 1 week to reply.

She has not had to hire a car as we had a spare car and gave her this.

This week has now passed and they are awaiting assessors report today to settle this.

She has not had to hire a car as we had a spare car and gave her this.

What I would like to know is

1 How do insurance company decide on value of car
2 The insurance company said re car hire
"I am sure that you can understand that we were unable to provide your aunt with car hire as we were not in a position to accept liability, this being the reason that we did not contact her to offer same."

What I understand from this is because their client would not accept liabilty my aunt was not entitled to a hire car? This does not make sense

3 Can we get reimbersed for:

a Car storage 15/day by garage. Total 375

b Car hire starting from today at 35/day.

c Towing of car to garage 150.

d Estimate of repair by garage 150.

Many thanks,
Noel

Back