Capital Gains Tax from UK property

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bones99

Hi all, I hope ye can advise me. I intend selling my residential property in the UK next year. It has appreciated by approx £100,000.00. For the past 4 years, the house has being rented out to the same tenant whom I have a good relationship with. I have not paid any tax on the rental income, but the property is rented through an agency.
My query is...is there any possible way of avoiding paying 20% cgt?. I was thinking if I transfer my tenants utility bills to my name for the forseeable future, and friends of mine in the construction industry can pay me a salary into my uk bank account, I can say that I have returned to the country after a period travelling....Am I dreaming here or is there a possibility to this?
Also even if the above works, how do i bring this considerable sum of money back to Ireland without alerting the relevant authorities??

You'd be better of a) posting in the correct forum, and b) perhaps posting on a UK forum where you could get UK-specific tax advice.

Oh, and if you're looking for help in evading tax, and I'm not saying you are, you won't get it on AAM.

Totally agree with Sherman.

Since the original query deals with tax evasion I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back