Can't remember name of new service offering savings account with 1 day access to funds

DavidLuke

I saw an ad on the internet about this new app, that was essentially a savings account, you loaded money, earned money, and could access your money at a days notice - but I haven't a clue what it was called, nor can I find it again.

Does anyone have any idea?

I believe it might be Plum. It links to your bank account and automatically puts money aside for you every week. The amount is a combination of rounding up purchases and other rules you can choose yourself. The UK version applies interest to your savings but the Irish version only puts money away, which is not super useful, but all in all it has helped me put away money I would otherwise have spent and built up a nice nest egg over the months (~50 per week)

Revolut offers the same service if you select it, automatically rounding up the amount for items purchased and putting the spare change into a savings "vault." Personally I don't really understand why some people find this useful but if it helps them save money it's a good thing.

Hmm, it might have been that Plum app - but I thought the interest rates were much higher than that. Thanks all.

There isn't a legitimate risk free product that offers both 24 hour access and high interest rates.

You might get this with something in the crypto space, or a foreign currency account. But neither of those are risk free.

Back