Canon 450d

vandriver

Does anyone on here have one of these DSLR cameras and if so what do you think.I have one reserved at argos till tomorrow at €514 which I think is a good price,but I've read too many review sites and now am not sure.For clarification I would only be using the supplied kit lens.Alternatively any other suggestions at this sort of price?

discussed on boards
Other models worth considering are the entry level ones from Nikon (d60) & Sony (alpha 200 I think).

I have this camera and at €514 it's a absolute bargain. Way less than I paid only 3 months ago. Think most review sites give it very high marks for image quality. This is definitely what I have found so far, a real improvement compared to my older superzoom camera, particularly when shooting in low light - which let's face it is most of the time indoors in Ireland. Buying an SLR you are buying into a system. To my mind there are only 2 real choices Nikon or Canon. With the two of these you get a huge choice of lenses and accessories. In due course you will definitely find yourself looking for accessories, be it lenses, flashes etc. With Canon and Nikon there is a huge 2nd hand market, whereas you won't see half as much Sony, Olympus or Pentax gear on offer. If you have any money left over from the 450D I would recommend picking up the Canon 50mm F1.8 lens - it costs in and around €90 and it's great for indoor and portrait photography. For more info have a look at the following forums sticky threads: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Back