Cannot reply to a thread I've started

Aladdin

Hello, I'm unable to reply to comments on a thread I've started. It's telling me my post includes 'potentially offensive or spam content.' But I'm merely posting a followup to those who were kind enough to reply. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm a relatively new poster and had to wait 20 mins or so between posts on a previous topic so I don't think the forum likes me....

Many thanks

We get a lot of spam, these measures keep a lot of that from appearing on the board but they can occasionally catch genuine posts too.

Were you trying to post a link by any chance?

OK, I've just tried that - posted a single word 'test' and got the very same message telling me my post is spam or inappropriate and that I should try again or contact admin.

Can you try post the message here that you were trying to post to the other thread?

If it works here, I'll move it over until we figure this out.

Sure, here it is thank you.
'Thanks so much and yes, that price def seems eyewatering, but since all fixtures/painting/sanitaryware etc are included and installation would be faster/more straightforward, I wonder it it's even possible to compare like with like. Can you recall price per square metre you were quoted at the time, so that I might get a ballpark for my own place?'
You quoted a post containing a link (https://askaboutmoney.com/threads/m...v-irish-block-built-house.223021/post-1713686) so you were technically inserting a link

I did so because Brendan suggested I post a link in *this thread* directing to the one I'd started, but I wasn't trying to post one in the thread in question.
All the reports I see that triggered the spam filter state you where trying to quote a post containing this link: https://www.huf-haus.com/en-uk/europa/dublin/

Please take a screenshot next time you get that spam filter so we can let you know what caused the filter to be triggered

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Have gotten this a few times. Is it external links? sometimes happens when quoting someone who already posted the link?

Hi, I am having the same problem replying to a post. Nothing offensive, no links, no odd words. How do I solve this?

Back