cannot account for money in a fund

C

collymore

I have a large problem. my dad is very ill and the revenue is asking about monies saved 10 years ago in a fund. my father has total memory loss( medical proven) but they are now questioning me about it. there seems to be no record of bank transactions to the fund in any accounts. my dad is in business all his life but the problem is mine now. the fund mgnt say that the money was paid via a bank draft but have no record or photocopies of it or where it came from. Any suggestions on where the money came from that would be legally ok. i dont think they will accept it came from a bookie....!

Have you checked if it is perhaps from a Bank Account that has now become dormant or possibly the old reliable Credit Union, sounds like your looking for a needle in a haystack really. I would imagine if you put your request in writing to any of the banks he had Accounts in requesting that they check all Accounts held in his name, Dormant or Active that had transaction within 6 month period either side of the date of the fund being opened at least it would be a starting point. It would also look like you are making the effort from the Revenue's point of view and who knows they might let it lie, while if you ignore it they will just think you are avoiding it which will just keep them on your heels. Good luck either way.

Back