Cancelling Sky Sports after 1 Month

cwc456

I'm think of adding Sky Sports to my Sky package for a month so that I can watch a number of Rugby matches. I would then cancel, but I'm wary of doing so due to the likely pain of cancelling anything on Sky. Does anyone have experience of doing this?

If you have decent internet and a suitable TV, you could try NowTV? Much easier amend or cancel subscriptions than hang around on a phone call.

If you have decent internet and a suitable TV, you could try NowTV? Much easier amend or cancel subscriptions than hang around on a phone call.
Good point Leo. The only problem with Now is that you have to watch everything at the time - with Sky you can record and watch later.

Reactions: Leo
Now allows you to download and watch content at your leisure.
I have the NOW app on various devices, but as far as I can see none of them support downloading of Sports Events. Downloading Movies and TV shows does seem to be possible but not Sports. Maybe its only possible with a Now Smart Stick?

Apologies, I overlooked that you specifically mentioned sports in your first post.

Once you don't enter a contract there is no issue or penalty cancelling the day after you subscribe. You have to give 30 days notice.

You will pay full whack for the month. If they five you half price sky sports you will have to sign a one year contract. And if you quit a month later, you still have to pay the cost of the contract.

Once you don't enter a contract there is no issue or penalty cancelling the day after you subscribe. You have to give 30 days notice.

You will pay full whack for the month. If they five you half price sky sports you will have to sign a one year contract. And if you quit a month later, you still have to pay the cost of the contract.
Yes, I guess you have to be careful about what you sign up to and read the T&Cs carefully. I see on the Sky website there are some 31day rolling contracts for Sports, so I think that means if you cancel immediately after signing up you pay for one month. Cancel any later than that and you pay for a minimum of 2 months.

Ring them and ask, they are pretty easy to deal with. They have loads of packages and deals going all the time. If you take a package on a deal, you are usually signing up for a minimum term contract but they will tell you before you sign up.

As for downloading sports and watching it later, who does that?!!! :eek:

Ring them and ask, they are pretty easy to deal with. They have loads of packages and deals going all the time. If you take a package on a deal, you are usually signing up for a minimum term contract but they will tell you before you sign up.

From past experience I wouldn't describe Sky as easy to deal with, but I have been avoiding talking to them for years and maybe they have improved.

From past experience I wouldn't describe Sky as easy to deal with, but I have been avoiding talking to them for years and maybe they have improved.
I've been with Sky for 16 years and have found them great to deal with. I ring up every few months and get whatever deal is going to keep the costs down.

Either way, the first game that you want to watch is on Wednesday, so you need to make a decision soon. ;)

Presumably the games are the ones in NZ so kick-off times an issue.

Good point Leo. The only problem with Now is that you have to watch everything at the time - with Sky you can record and watch later.
With Sky Q you can't watch recorded material once you haven't paid up the relevant package.

We had the movie package as an intro offer and I recorded a load of movies to watch later but it won't let me once the package expired.

I've been with Sky for 16 years and have found them great to deal with.
It's a very 20th century business model but I've always found them very easy to deal with over the phone.

I've been with Sky for 16 years and have found them great to deal with. I ring up every few months and get whatever deal is going to keep the costs down.

Either way, the first game that you want to watch is on Wednesday, so you need to make a decision soon. ;)
True enough. I wondered whether that match would be on Sky Sports MIx, which is FTA, but no such luck.

Back