Cancelling Eircom landline

Gaothfar

I tried to contact the phone company formerly known as Eircom (now e-squiggle) about cancelling my landline but failed after wasting much time going through the "press 3" for this and that etc.

The online form asked me to confirm I was human but didn't offer the usual bunch of letters so the form could not be sent.

The chat to a staff member is unavailable.

Has anyone successfully cancelled a phone and how did you do it?

I made an unsuccessful attempt to get through to Eircom customer service about 10 years ago about cancelling my dial up internet connection.
I was very much cash strapped at the time and just stopped paying the bill and got disconnected.
Just stop paying the bill and they'll disconnect you is my advice :)

Hi Gaothar,

I've checked my eir a/c to see if there is any additional link to something for cancelling account - under "support" link for phone, I'm getting "503 - Service Unavailable", also, no online chat services, but I found this in the community:
[broken link removed]
but you've gone through that already with all those "lovely" phone options.

Re the "online form", can you try a different browser - that confirmation for being a human might be tied to your browser settings - try IE / FF / Chrome - see if that works for you.

Failing those, you could try posting on the community, or trying twitter / Facebook to interact with the Eir support team.

...the phone company formerly known as Eircom (now e-squiggle) ....

LOL :D :D :D

To think they paid out something like €16m on their rebranding, got a shortened version of their previous name and now it's not even apparent to all what it's supposed to say... that pretty much says it all ;)

Sorry to hear of your problems. Paddy's suggestion about using the "Talk To Eir" forum over on Boards.ie is a very good idea. Oh and eh, just for fun, do mention the "e-squiggle" thing again when you post on their forum btw, it's priceless ;)

To think they paid out something like €16m on their rebranding, got a shortened version of their previous name and now it's not even apparent to all what it's supposed to say... that pretty much says it all ;)

Bargain, British Telecom spent £50M in 1991 to become BT!

I successfully got through on the phone today. It took some patience and three sets of "Press 1 for this and that" but in the end I spoke to a human being. He was very polite but insisted in trying to sell me all sorts of options or bundles with mobiles, broadband etc. I persisted and he said he had to go through his list so I let him go ahead and just kept saying "no thank you". Then he had more questions regarding my reason for leaving. Eventually he said I would receive a pin number by email and I could use that to register my cancellation. I did and it worked. So now in a month's time my account will cease. Whew!

Back