Cancel Setanta Sports

No number attached to cancel. Neither is there one here [broken link removed]
€16.99 for two "simplified" channels is a rip-off.
Does any one when ESPN is going live in Ireland and how much it costs? I see its £12 in the UK as a standalone so I'm thinking €18 here. Not on Sky Ireland's website.
I am watching Setanta through Eircom from now on.

I just rang and cancelled my Setanta and ordered ESPN on Sky. The operator told me that ESPN is going live on Monday, August 3rd. He said that there will be an ESPN UK channel and the existing ESPN America channel in the package (even though I read somewhere that ESPN UK was replacing the ESPN America channel on 417).

It's costing me €12 a month as I have Sky Sports, but I believe its either €15 or €18 per month if you don't have the Sky Sports package.

Here is a link to the ESPN/Sky Promotion page.

Hope this helps.

Also, I was told when I rang Setanta that the e-mail I sent from the form on their website doesn't work for Irish customers, as it goes straight through to the defunct UK group. He said there is a 30 day cancellation period as per the contract.

I wouldn't advise just cancelling your DD and hoping they go away as when you signed up you probably agreed to a 30 day cancellation notice, so they could come after you under breach of contract and I imagine if enough people start cancelling their DD, they will start trying to recoup the money.

I just cancelled Setanta sports today, without any problems, just rang them up inquired if they were losing ESPN, which I knew they were today, they tried to get me to stay with them, but I told them the reason i signed up in the first place was for the golf, american sport and premier games, but that i was more interested in saturday evening games than 3pm games. The person i spoke to was very nice, and told me that as of August 20th my subscription would be cancelled, they have to take one more payment of €5 from me this week and thats that, no more to do. But I will make sure on August 20 that my account is closed. So later in the day i ordered ESPN thru sky and bobs your uncle. Good luck to all.

Setanta Sports is simply not worth getting anymore. ESPN starts at 8PM today. ESPN America is staying on air also. If you have upc you will get Setanta Ireland and get some of the 3pm games. Dont waste your money paying for Setanta Sports 1.

I canceled setanta sports on july 7 by e mail .Last week i got the new SKY white card through the post even do i canceled them back in 2007. My setanta ireland and 1 are still on air. Just a Question has any other person got the new sky card with out subcribeing.And will i have to ring setanta to see where i stand about my subscription.THANKS

Did they not give you a date as to when the subscription finished, i called them today aug. 3 and my subscription will end on aug 20th.

can you tell me what upc is. I have cancelled setanta and am now getting espn thru sky, but if you could tell me what upc is i would appreciate it.

I just cancelled Setanta sports today, without any problems, just rang them up inquired if they were losing ESPN, which I knew they were today, they tried to get me to stay with them, but I told them the reason i signed up in the first place was for the golf, american sport and premier games, but that i was more interested in saturday evening games than 3pm games. The person i spoke to was very nice, and told me that as of August 20th my subscription would be cancelled, they have to take one more payment of €5 from me this week and thats that, no more to do. But I will make sure on August 20 that my account is closed. So later in the day i ordered ESPN thru sky and bobs your uncle. Good luck to all.

Just to update, I checked to see if setanta had cancelled my subscription on Aug. 20th like they said thy one, and yes they have. So just to let people know, i had no problem canceling with setatnta.

Well, in my case, whilst they did cancel, I got absolutely no acknowledgement until a couple of months later - when they sent out a letter looking for me to take up a new sub.

Well, in my case, whilst they did cancel, I got absolutely no acknowledgement until a couple of months later - when they sent out a letter looking for me to take up a new sub.

Same as me.

I cancelled by sending a registered letter saying I wanted to cancel and detailing when the last credit card direct debit should be.

They cancelled but there was no acknowledgement. Then last week I received a letter asking me to re-subscribe.

Same as me.

I cancelled by sending a registered letter saying I wanted to cancel and detailing when the last credit card direct debit should be.

They cancelled but there was no acknowledgement. Then last week I received a letter asking me to re-subscribe.

I also asked for something in writing, but was told that they dont do that. But told me when my subscription would end and when they would take last payment, they told me my subscription would end Aug. 20th, which it did. I also cancelled my direct debit with the bank. so as far as im concerned I'm no longer a customer. But if they come looking for me to rejoin them again in a few months, I see nothing wrong with that, them trying to recruit people back, but since they dont have the channells i want I wont be subscribing again.

I have now resubscribed at €10/month with no reconnect charge for three months. If they want to charge me >€10/month after that, I will be cancelling again. Im paying them by CC so have some protection if they mess about with cancellation.

Back