Can you use printed eStatements for your mortgage application?

beetroot

Just wondering if PTSB will accept printed AIB eStatments as part of the mortgage application paperwork? Thanks.

If it's of any assistance, when I was opening a current account with PTSB, they wouldn't accept printed eStatements from Halifax (who I was moving from at the time) - I had to go to a Halifax branch and get either printed statements on headed paper or printed statements on plain paper stamped by staff.

printed statements on plain paper stamped by staff.

Even these are not sufficient anymore, it's originals only.
They may get you an approval in principle but for the formal loan offer, originals will be required.

Even these are not sufficient anymore, it's originals only.
They may get you an approval in principle but for the formal loan offer, originals will be required.
Interesting. With AIB now you have option to no longer receive statements and only get eStatements which you can download and print if you like so there are no 'originals' really. Is the only way then to actually go in to the bank and request the statements in the older format?

Thanks for the replies, yes Gcsm9 that's why i was asking, I think the bank charges €2.50 per page if you request the 'originals', can be costly if you need 3/6 months of statements for a mortgage application.

Interesting. With AIB now you have option to no longer receive statements and only get eStatements which you can download and print if you like so there are no 'originals' really. Is the only way then to actually go in to the bank and request the statements in the older format?

Same option with Ulster Bank to opt for online statements only.

No only originals are accepted for any loan application, they must be current ie last three months.

Having just gone through a mortgage application with PTSB I can tell you that it's originals only.

Back