Can you use 2/3 different Property Agents at once?

M

Marcus1

I have a house I want to rent out. Can you use a few different agents at once to give yourself more choice of tenants? I know they advertise on the same websites but could it be done?

You generally sign a declaration that says you are using one agent exclusively. It's the only way a letting agent can safeguard their payment.

yes it can be done, make sure they are all singing off the same page and update you immediately, clarify fee's and cost in advance so that you only pay the fee to one and dont end up paying twice for 2 entries onto the same web-page. you are still better off to deal with one established agent

I didn't think you paid them anything until they found someone?

I didn't think you paid them anything until they found someone?

You don't pay anything until they find someone, how much and when depends on what agreement you have (level of service etc would be factors).

Remember an agent will put time and effort into finding you the right tenant, some might tie you to a contract before they even start looking.

I agree with thomasmc01, one carefully chosen agent would be much better than having a few on the go, especially if you're going to be abroad..which I seem to remember from a previous thread.

Back