Can you sell unused oil in oil tank?

T

Toby

We are changing from oil to gas heating and there will probably be some oil left in the oil tank when we change. Is there any way this can be reused and sold back to the provider or someone else?

conversion

Certaintly don't know about that!

But when I was quoted last year for a gas conversion, I was assured by the salesman that I could have the gas lines and boiler installed but I could use up the remainder of the oil - considering I had radiators useable for both systems - until it had finished and then just turn on the gas.

BTW didn't convert..... Hmmm.

Re: conversion

Won't the oil tank be obsolete after converting? If so, will you be selling it, and couldn't you advertise that there is some oil included? Buy&Sell maybe?

In fact, if you think about it logically, the only way you could transpor the oil is to leave it in the tank so you would have to sell both together. Be a lot of empty 2 litre drink bottles you'd be needing to move 4-500 litres of oil.

You could close the tap, disconnect the pipe and as has been said, flog them together.

OIl

Thanks, I'll see if anyones interested when the time comes but I'd say we'll just have to use it up before converting.

Re: OIl

We are getting a diesel car, can you put the heating oil into it - sounds dodgy!!

Not sure if the car can use it, but even if it can, do you fancy a €1000 fine from the customs?

Know anyboby with a diesel engined boat
they can use it but the EEC are about to change that soon.

Might be illegal to drive around with flammable liquids in the back of your vehicle without the proper Hazchem signs etc. And you can't pour it down the drain either!

[broken link removed] in Portlaoise might be able to advise you.

Sluice

Back