can you remove the tint from tinted windows succesfully?

you're gas

I'm looking for a new car at the moment and the best one I've come accross has only one downfall - the windows are tinted a la "skobie-mobile". Mechanically and visually the car is pristine - apart from the tinting. Don't get me wrong, 15 years ago I'd have loved it as is, but I can't help thinking how ridiculus I would look with pot belly, bald head and three kids getting in and out of it. As ugly as I am I don't think it's necessary for me to be screened from public view (just yet) and despite the seasonal green decorations to the underside of the kids noses, I'm actually proud enough of them that I don't feel the need to hide them when transporting them.

So, my question is can you remove the tint from tinted windows succesfully? Is there someone out there that does it professionally? How much does it cost?

Thanks.

Easy, It's just a film on the inside of the window, Scratch it with a blade at the edge and peel of....

If you not confident contact a tinting service and they'll charge you for it.

Thanks jmrc.

I thought that might be the case. My only worry is, does it not leave some sort of sticky residue on the glass? There are enough sticky surfaces on the kids!

you can also get a can of sticky stuff remover (proper name) in halfords great stuff altogether

Hey

Funny this post came up - today I removed tinted windows from my car with complete ease. Once you get a grip of a corner of the window, the tinting film will come off with one attempt. Very easy.

A tiny bit of residue left on one of the windows when removed, however nail polish remover removed it!!! Looks like windows were never tinted, I am 100% happy now!

Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful. In the the end I opted not to buy as the history looked a bit suspect. I did one of those online searches for €35 and it turned out the car went untaxed for more than 2 years and then changed hands 3 times in about 8 weeks (the last of which is the current owner). In addition, I'm usually suspicious of a car that travels a long way from it's original place of registration, this one originated on the east coast, and in the rapid change of hands moved to the southwest and the current owner is on the border.

Could you post the link to the online search facility please you're gas.

They we can amend your nic to "you're great gas"...

:D

ONQ.

Back