Can you be refused a mortgage if you ca't get Life Insurance

F

fobs

If one partner in a mortgage application can't get life assurance will this prevent you getting a mortgage? This person would not be the principal earner.

Re: Can you be refused a mortgage if you ca't get Life Insur

It shouldn't do, under the Consumer Credit Act you can waive life cover if you are declined on health reasons. Some lenders will however withdraw a mortgage offer if the main eaner can't get cover and has no existing insurance. Check with your lender. One of the frustrating things about the waiver is that even if you absolutely know you can't get cover you still have to go through the process of applying (medicals, etc) to get the required letter of decline from the insurance company.

Kind regards,

Sarah

www.rea.ie

re: Are some companies better at covering high risk?

Are some insurance companies more inclined to cover "higher risk" people than others? We have life protection on my life to cover the mortgage but would like seperate life insurance for our future. do some companies cover people after a certain length of time of good health following a heart attack?

Re: re: Are some companies better at covering high risk?

I was refused life cover

But

The bank accepted proof of my pension, SSIA, & death in service benefit instead.

Try negotiating, you'd be surprised.

refused life cover

Reapply to the life office to see if they will review your case. Also submit applications to alternative companies to test the water. On the proposal form clearly disclose that you have been loaded and that the reason for your application is the expectation of obtaing a fairer premium. If you are loaded substantially and if your policy is to be used as security for a loan then explore the possibility of asking your lender to waive the requirement for having to have mortgage protection.

life cover

He was refused life insurance and we got our mortgage, no questions, from First Active

Back