Can we have the old Ryanair website back?

Also I thought that one of the points of this upgrade was to comply with regulatory requirements regarding displaying all inclusive pricing

AFAIK Ryanair always denied that this was the reason behind the upgrade - whether you believe them or not is another matter!

Glad to see Ryanair have extended the online check in period to 5 days.

However on the negative side they now apply the handling fee on the free flights offers so you end up paying 8 euro for visa plus 2 cent.

Previously they didnt charge anything at all to your card for the real bargain 2 cent fares!All good things come to an end i guess.

The site is very slow today and I havent received a confirmation e-mail...

Anyone else experiencing the latter issue?

I assume you are a computer geek and like to talk in that funny speak beloved of 'techies' - can you translate the above jargon/acronyms into plain english for us mere mortals when you have a minute? Cheers.

basically it's rubbish.

Poor technologies used, and used poorly, it isn't (fully) usable by impaired users (e.g users with screenreaders etc), poor code from what can be seen in source code, and if you switch to the French page (or other language) a significant amount of the text is still in english.

Just listened to part of Mick O'Leary's interview with Matt Cooper on FM106 on the way home and the bottom line is "trust us it'll all be grand by next week-end, sure didn't we finish the swap over a day early anyway, the travelling public are delighted with us and our 1p flights, Matt and [the other named contributer] to the interview are talking rubbish, and aren't we the biggest and the best anyway"

To paraphrase Mick, the website was sourced from Accenture, cost 2m and was specifically installed to cater for evergrowing volumes of transactions, 20k per hour, and offers a more complete and user-friendly booking experience.I can't comment on this last claim as I am not now nor have I ever been a Ryanair customer.

Just listened to part of Mick O'Leary's interview with Matt Cooper on FM106 on the way home and the bottom line is "trust us it'll all be grand by next week-end, sure didn't we finish the swap over a day early anyway...

Of course they did, of course they did, just like all their flights arrive at their destinations 5-20 minutes ahead of schedule, even though they still only have a 25-minute turnaround window, blah blah blah...

Not that I'm cynical or anything... :rolleyes:

basically it's rubbish.

Poor technologies used, and used poorly, it isn't (fully) usable by impaired users (e.g users with screenreaders etc), poor code from what can be seen in source code, and if you switch to the French page (or other language) a significant amount of the text is still in english.
Health Warning : May not be suitable for non-techies.

If you want to see how appallingly bad the new (or any other) site is, use the iCab browser to access it. iCab uses a little "smilie" icon on the bottom left of the window and if it shows as a "frownie" clicking on it pops up a window with a list of the non-compliance issues it detects.

You can find iCab here http://www.icab.de/

I have no connection with iCab.

For the past 20 mins, I have been trying unsuccessfully to get past the page where you specify bags/insurance etc which leads onto the final payment page. Is anybody else finding it impossible to complete a booking ?

I booked 8 different sets of flights to the Uk last night, all went through no problem and got my itinerary confirmation almost instantly.

I am trying to look at some flights to Malaga in May from Dublin but only two days are coming up at a time. When I press the next week button just the two days come up again even though there are flights every day. I am really fed up with the site, I liked to use the "find the Lowest fare" section the new way is so frustrating. I looked all over the site as I wanted to send them an email but no address to be found and thats for an Airline that does all its business on line!

I am trying to look at some flights to Malaga in May from Dublin but only two days are coming up at a time. When I press the next week button just the two days come up again even though there are flights every day. I am really fed up with the site, I liked to use the "find the Lowest fare" section the new way is so frustrating. I looked all over the site as I wanted to send them an email but no address to be found and thats for an Airline that does all its business on line!

Try the following link, I posted it earlier to another poster, it gives contact details for Ryanair.
http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/contact.html

I find I'm having the same problem where you are only getting the choice of 2 days in any particular flight, especially when I know that there are flights to this particular destination every day. Let's hope it's only a blip otherwise you're going to be spending a lot of time browsing for every day!! Maybe Ryanair's web hosts get commission for the length of time the site is active!!:D

J
To paraphrase Mick, the website was sourced from Accenture, cost 2m
Hasn't the self-same Mick been known to castigate the entire management consulting industry from time to time? Seems like he's prepared to drop a million or two when he needs them. Maybe he should have contacted the two students again!

One of the most telling stories that Ruddock has uncovered concerns the establishment of the Ryanair website. O'Leary was suspicious of the web at first, but, persuaded that a web-based sales operation meant cutting out travel agents and generating more cash, he went for it. He wanted a simple and above all cheap site. Ryanair likes things cheap. Says Ruddock: 'He did not want to be surrounded by computer consultants with ponytails and cargo pants.'
The first quotes that O'Leary got from conventional web design companies came in at about £3m. Instead, he went to two students: 17-year-old secondary-school pupil John Beckett and dentistry student Thomas Linehan, 22.
The pair had done work experience one summer at Gateway Computers but were complete novices. They were bemused and flattered to be considered and quoted £17,500, £16,500 and £15,500 for various options. O'Leary went for the £15,500 option. The pair then created one of the most successful websites in commerce. It can suck money out of consumers faster than a nuclear-powered vacuum cleaner.
How were they rewarded? When it was finished, O'Leary tried to hardball the kids into taking £12,000, rather than the £15,000 agreed and for which a purchase order had been issued. Such behaviour is typical of the way he does business: no sentiment, no breaks, no humanity - just a cold, unrelenting focus on the bottom line.

Taken from [broken link removed]

Getting the same error Clubman got. Trying to book flights for a conference in the UK (which to be honest I should have booked ages ago), but cannot get past the first page without seeing the following

Error
An Error Has Occurred

An error condition exists which is preventing you from continuing. You may wish to start over and try again.
If you continue to get this error message, please contact the airline.

Additional details about the error:
[5104:WebGenericError] An error has occurred. Please try again. If the error persists, please contact the airline.

I can't believe that a month on and there are still these issues

Of course if this happened with a public body, we'd have all the usual moaners complaining about lazy and incompetent civil servants and claiming that this stuff would never happen in the private sector, and a little dose of free market competition would fix all this.

Hate the new site. For somebody like me whose is practically totally flexible the new site is a pain in the you know what. I used to log on before and just key in a date /destination at random and add another date usually around 20 days further on for the return leg and you could see at a glance where the cheapies were. Thus I was able to get return to Barca for 1c before taxes and 9.99 to Rome before taxes (and equally it provided the spur I required to get up and go.) Was trying today for a flight later in the year and gave up after half an hour as I couln't spot the cheapies. Maybe they just weren't there but its very hard to know. know that you can't fly everywhere on a cheapie but at least you could see at a glance if there was anything available. No. Don't like it at all.

Hate the new site. For somebody like me whose is practically totally flexible the new site is a pain in the you know what. I used to log on before and just key in a date /destination at random and add another date usually around 20 days further on for the return leg and you could see at a glance where the cheapies were. Thus I was able to get return to Barca for 1c before taxes and 9.99 to Rome before taxes (and equally it provided the spur I required to get up and go.) Was trying today for a flight later in the year and gave up after half an hour as I couln't spot the cheapies. Maybe they just weren't there but its very hard to know. know that you can't fly everywhere on a cheapie but at least you could see at a glance if there was anything available. No. Don't like it at all.

Cuchulainn,
do you click on book now on front screen then tick dates flexible it shows a week at a time that way, not perfect I know, I don't like it also but it does not stop me looking.

I have been trying to have a look at some flights this morning - went through the book now tab put in my dates etc and the next screen that appears has no flights listed and it says select flight etc!! Ihad a look at a few destinations and it was the same story. Are Ryan air interested in customer feed back? or do they just carry on regardless!

There's Michael slagging off the Aviation Authority yet his own Ryanair website is in a terrible mess.
I cannot get the site to stay on Ireland. it keeps defaulting to the U.K. site when I click on "click here for more routes".
I can only choose "next day" when browising for flights. "Next week" seems to have disappeared.
His "News" is not loading.
Lots of other annoying things as well.
Maybe just as well that they have nothing to do with the radar system at Dublin Airport.

Back