Can Seller take solid fuel stoves after including them in desc

Elana10

so the agent has said that these are part of fittings and fixtures however they were included in the descriptions of the specific house.... What can I do? thanks

Anything fixed to a wall is considered buildings unless there is an exception in the contract.

If you are a buyer tell them this is non negotiable without a cash reduction.

If you are the seller....wow.

I know people who not only took the bulbs but the sockets off the wall too. It’s amazing what some people might do. My mother nearly pulled out of a house purchase over a set of drawers. They had been hand made to fit a dressing room in a type of attic space.

Fitted stoves sound like fixtures and fittings to me. Speak to the estate agent and your solicitor.

Thanks for that I reiterated that as they were in the description I expected them to be included and The auctioneer has confirmed in writing that they will be included

Wow - that's breath-taking, the mean gits!

- I hope their miserable approach costs them in the long run.....

Make sure your solicitor includes this as part of the contract completion. No point having it in writing and the stove is gone when you get the keys.

If there is going to be any prospect of trouble, it would be wise for the purchaser to do a pre-closing inspection when the house has been cleared. Most purchasers will do this anyway.

I've had situations where we've actually completed a transaction at a property to guard against chicanery. I've had clients with locksmiths on standby ready to change locks.

BUT, in reality, these instances are rarities - most completions go very smoothly.

mf

The day we were due to close, we viewed the house and a number of light fittings had been removed. They were chandeliers and other large fittings, so had some value.
We delayed closing and asked for the fittings to be returned or for compensation.. Vendor refused.
After a couple of days we proceeded to close, because we didn't want to risk derailing the transaction over the light fittings.. Sometimes you just have to swallow it and move on, the OP might need to do the same..

Back