Wrong forum Can Imagine block me from switching to Eircom

Status
Not open for further replies.

willalex

Background:

A sales rep called to our business recently asking of we were interested in switching from ESB to Airtricity.

He clearly outlined the savings and we agreed to same and signed contract.

Before he left he asked would we be interested in moving from Eircom to Imagine for our phone and broadband services. I said I would but only if they could provide the same quality of service at a lower cost. He had no information as to Imagine's cost v Eircom for our required business package.

He agreed to get someone form Imagine to call me to discuss. He asked that I sign the paperwork to short cut things if we decided to go ahead with Imagine. It was made very clear to the "Airtricity" Rep that nothing was to be put in place before discussions with Imagine.

This fact has been completely ignored and I have now received bills from Imagine which are more than double the price I was paying to Eircom under their bundle deal.

I rang Imagine and advised that I had not authorised the switch over and that I was switching back to Eircom. I stated I felt that I should have to pay nothing to them in the circumstances but would be willing to pay the equivilent of what would have been due to Eircom.

Imagine have stated that they will block my switch to Eircom unless the bills are paid in full.

Can they legally do this? especially given the circumstances.

Should I contact Comreg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back