can i work on disability allowance

threepeas

Hi im new here not sure if i should have posted on social welfare or this thread, my question is can i work when receiving disability allowance? i was working until i got sick last year i am unable to return to my last job as it is physical too hard now, i just find it impossible to live on the allowance alone i have applied for the household benefits just waiting for it to come through, this still wont help much, i have used up all the savings i had, its just myself living with my two teenagers, at the end of the week there is only 20 euro which i need to buy shopping and bits for my children. i can't even get a credit union loan until next year as i had to get them to reduce my payments when i got sick, i think i would be able to work about ten hours a week, i know this is not much but this is all i can manage at the moment still recovering from treatment. thanks for any advice given.

Hi thanks for the reply, i might give them a ring and ask what type of work they would think is suitable.

Back