Can I sound proof just one room?

Tarquin

Hi, I can't find out (too much conflicting information) if I can sound proof just one or two rooms in our house. Our problem is noise coming from neighbours kitchen into our back bedroom (TV, radio, drawer noises). Front of house, sitting room and front bedroom seem to be fine. I would ideally like to sound proof just the back bedroom and/or the kichen (which has a fire place in it) but I cant find any company that will do just two rooms and using iso strip t. Some say you have to do the whole house to be effective and then others dont use the iso strip t (which is what i want to use).

Im aware of Cunas doing it for 7k but its just way too much money.

Does anyone know somewhere that would insulate one or two rooms? We really dont want the hassle of doing the whole house.

Well, from my research, its supposed to be the most effective for sound proofing in comparison to others, I could be wrong.

Tarquin - you could just insulate one room.. they put up insulation, 30 or 50mm thick and then put a skim over it... there could be easier ways though.

Glue an agglomerated rubber soundproofing material of at least 10mm thickness (min.750kg per m3 density) on the walls. Then fix your plasterboard.

S.B.

Can I ask what sort of rubber material could I use. Do you know of a product/brand that is good or where I can get this.
Thanks

Yeah I have done quite a bit of research and it seems to be coming up as rockwool or something similar (is that what you mean?)/ isostrip as the most mentioned. I havn't come across anything rubber based but maybe I'm not looking in the right place!
What would your opinion be in building an indepedent stud type wall and stuffing the gap with insulation material or is this what you meant anyway.
Appreciating your advice.

Yes that would work as well - it will just be a thicker. Just make sure to check the material is acoustic rated - you will find that info in the product data sheet. The supplier should also be able to supply you with an installation detail.

S.B.

Would I have to do something to floor of bedroom to enhance soundproofing of the walls? Can hear next doors kitchen from our upstairs bedroom. Or would the walls cover it?

Back