can I sell on heating oil

skerford

hi,

We are moving out of our rented house into one with geo thermal. Would it be advisable to advertise the 500 or so litres in our tank that we bought for sale?
Landlord won't buy it from us so we are not leaving it with him?

Was there some oil in the tank when you moved in? if there was you should leave the same amount in it when you leave. There is nothing to stop you emptying the rest from the tank and giving it to your family or friends. 500 litres of oil is worth about €400.

it was bone dry when we moved in so am leaving it that way I found it. Also if 500 litres is approx €400 then I'd rather sell it for €300 not give it to friends or family...

Skerford, Be careful who you are giving or selling the oil to, If you are passing on gas oil to someone with a condenser boiler it will destroy their heating system and cost them dearly, If it kerosene it would be ok, I had to drain my tank recently and it was more hassle than it was worth, It seemed to take a lifetime to fill the 25 litre containers and I was lucky that I have a friend who works in that game to sort it out for me. It was gas oil and he took it away to give to his father for use on farm machinery, Other wise he told me it would cost me to have it taken away.

There are companies who will pump the oil out into a tanker but I dont know what price they would give for it.

it was bone dry when we moved in so am leaving it that way I found it. Also if 500 litres is approx €400 then I'd rather sell it for €300 not give it to friends or family...

I meant you could sell it on to your family or friends, I would be slow to approach strangers.

Back