Can I raise FFL level ?

CubicYard1

I want to raise the FFL of my new build by 1 or 2 feet. Would this be an issue ? Would I need to get retention ?

is FFL... 'finished floor level' or 'first floor level'

the answer to this can really only be given by the person who is certifying that the work complies to planning permission.
Your local authority will deem any change to the original submission as a change from planning if you enquire from them.... (unless you are in donegal!!...they have a 'minor alteration' facility which other LAs dont have)... so i wouldnt go near them.
If your certifier is willing to sign it off then on his/her head be it....

is FFL... 'finished floor level' or 'first floor level'

the answer to this can really only be given by the person who is certifying that the work complies to planning permission.
Your local authority will deem any change to the original submission as a change from planning if you enquire from them.... (unless you are in donegal!!...they have a 'minor alteration' facility which other LAs dont have)... so i wouldnt go near them.
If your certifier is willing to sign it off then on his/her head be it....

Finished floor level.

To comply with a planning condition, we moved the house forward and also increased the height by a meter. We sent in the compliance submission in August but we never heard anything back. what is with the planning authority, they dont reply very quickly. Our engineer told us to work away on the build, that they might not get back to us for years.
But then whats to stop us putting in another compliance submission and increasing the FFL height another meter ? its a strange system.

you were requested to raise your ridge by 1 m... how strange.. was it to increase the roof pitch to reflect a more trad roof???

If you check the conditions does it state the this condition has to be agreed with the planning authority before commencement of work??? If so then theres a problem, and you need to get the planning authorities approval before continuing.

If you are raising the finished floor level by 450mm... will you be raising the path level and surrounding ground level to match??... if so i cant see a huge issue... but if not then theres more chance of an issue arising

you were requested to raise your ridge by 1 m... how strange.. was it to increase the roof pitch to reflect a more trad roof???

No the condition was to move the house forward - we moved the house forward (closer to road) which was up a slope i.e. the site slopes down from the road.
The ground level was 1m higher from the original location to the new location so the engineer changed the FFL to be a meter higher correspondingly. but he says they only reply to these compliance submissions if there is a problem.

Back