Hoping to retire early from public service some time from age 55-60. Based on my years of service by then and Cost Neutral Early Retirement I'll be short c.25-30K for my 1.5 times final salary tax-free lump sum.
I've been paying into a PRSA AVC to max out the projected shortfall of 25-30K for my tax-free lump sum. I'll soon have anough in the PRSA AVC to cover the shortfall.
Can I also open a separate PRSA, with no connection to my public service employment (I have no other job)?
My logic here is a PRSA can also get a 25% tax-free lump sum.
So by having both, the PRSA AVC tops up the tax-free lump sum from public service and PRSA uses the 25% tax-free lump sum.
I also know there is tax-free lifetime limit of €200,000 on retirement lump sums from all sources.
I've been paying into a PRSA AVC to max out the projected shortfall of 25-30K for my tax-free lump sum. I'll soon have anough in the PRSA AVC to cover the shortfall.
Can I also open a separate PRSA, with no connection to my public service employment (I have no other job)?
My logic here is a PRSA can also get a 25% tax-free lump sum.
So by having both, the PRSA AVC tops up the tax-free lump sum from public service and PRSA uses the 25% tax-free lump sum.
I also know there is tax-free lifetime limit of €200,000 on retirement lump sums from all sources.