Can i get new licence without it been posted?

blinkbelle

Hi guys,

My little sister has just passed her test yesterday.

Shes wondering can she go to the tax office herself with all the appropiate stuff and wait until they do the licience?

Its just that, the time she was applying for her prov, they claim all her stuff got lost in post etc ( a long story)

She needs her full licience asap so doesnt mind driving if she has too get it.

Doesnt trust the post!! Thanks :D

Re: Licience question!

She can indeed.

Edited to clarify: She can go to the office with all the stuff, she may have to wait for the license to be posted to her though. I can't remember as it's been a few years.

Re: Licence question!

License question!

Don't forget that the motor tax office that was in Chancery Street has moved to Queen Street/Smithfield (I think) in case that's relevant. Lots of confused people wandering around Chancery Street for the past few weeks!

Don't automatically presume the OP is in Dublin CM!
I got my licence over the counter at the local office but that was >5 years ago

Thanks for the quick responses. I tryed to look at the website but found nothing.

I'll give them a ring in the morning for her just to confirm. Thanks again :)

Don't automatically presume the OP is in Dublin CM!
I got my licence over the counter at the local office but that was >5 years ago
I didn't - that's why I said "in case that's relevant". :rolleyes:

She wo'nt get the licence over the counter in Smithfield. She can hand in all the doocuments and the fee, but the licence will take a further 10 days approx, and will come in the post.
Rgds
Billo

i got my licence in the post after 2 days. that was quick. i called into the office and gave all documentation. 2 days later i had it.

Fair play to you Alex.
Did you make a special case for getting the licence so quickly.
Two days seems to be a very quick turnaround.

My sister was up for her driving test soon and she needed her licence renewed before she could get lessons. She went to the local office and they did issue her licence on the spot although they stated clearly this was something they very rarely do.

Fair play to you Alex.
Did you make a special case for getting the licence so quickly.
Two days seems to be a very quick turnaround.

no, i just applied on a tuesday and had it in the post thursday.

Back