Can I get a copy of the registered deed of sale?

Daisy2012

Hi
Hope this is in the right place. Does anyone know can I get a copy of the registered deed of sale for our house? We have just sold the house, would like to be assured that the deed of sale was not altered. It's too long a story to go into here as to why we would like a copy, suffice it to say we can't ask our solicitor for it.
TIA for any info.

If you've just sold the house, the title deeds were part of the contract. Surely you have a copy of the contract and all it's associated documents. If not, I suspect your solicitor is obliged to provide them.

Thanks - @clubman, you can only find out if a deed is registered at the land registry, unfortunately, not the contents of the deed.
@eitheangela - I don't think - in fact I'm fairly certain - that we didn't get copies of any other contracts or deeds when we bought/sold before twice. We do have a copy of the contracts that we signed (although solicitor can not find them even though she signed for them). We didn't take a copy of the deed of sale when we signed it in the solicitors office. Should have, but didn't.

It's not the title deeds we are looking for, but the final document we signed which I think was the deed of sale, which has the house sale price on it that we are looking for.

Again, this document must be with your solicitor who should provide you with a copy. In terms of Stamp Duty, this must also have been paid as the house was not new. That may be another avenue for you to retrieve documentation.

Back