VHI Can I claim Obstetric visit fees?

Lara

I went for private obstetric care. Can I Claim obstetrician fees back. I know the hospital inpatient fees are covered but I’m not sure whether the visits are covered?

My policy isn’t very clear. I’m on Vhi company plan extra level 2.

Hi Lara,

Yes, you can claim back upto 500 for consultant fees.
This is listed in the Table of Benefits, Section 9, Day to day benefits, Category F under the title 'Pre and Post-natal care (combined visits) 500 euro.
I'm not sure if this applies over 2 renewal years, meaning that if some of your visits occur before renewal date(say 2019) and some occur after renewal
date(2020) that you can claim back 500 x 2 years. I don't see any reason why not, but it would be worth confirming this with VHI.

There is also an allowance for 'Foetal screening' 200 per year.
This is listed in the Table of Benefits, Section 9, Category S.

In the same Section 9, there are more benefits under Category X + Y.
Note; there is no max limit on these benefits. This means the annual max limit of 4000 for day to day benefits, does NOT apply to X + Y.
X. Paediatric Clinic
Y. Paediatrician benefit
Details in the link below.

Under Section 4, Category E, Maternity + Baby Bundle there are further benefits - 75% cover upto 600 with no excess.
Maternity Yoga and Pilates classes
One Maternity scan
Breast-feeding consultations
Baby massage classes
Baby swim classes
Ante natal course

https://www.vhi.ie/pdf/myvhi/TOBCPEL2 V39 Oct19.pdf

The information is a bit all over the place, in the Table of Benefits.
You can submit receipts, via the app, on a regular basis or as often as they occur.
Refunds are fairly prompt, direct to your bank a/c except maybe at the busiest times like December/January.

Regards, Snowyb

Snowyb thank you, that’s really helpful. It looks like there is a lot I can claim for that I didn’t realise. I hope this answer helps some others also, as I couldn’t find an answer myself about it!

Back