Can I buy my parents' house which is in arrears?

Banana96

my parents are in financial difficulty with their home and are involved with pepper, id love to be able to get a mortgage on their house and move in with them is this possible? Theyve only 90,000 left on their house theyre paying a small fee to pepper at the minute is it possible for me to take over and put the house in my partners name and i?

Yes, you can buy your parents' home if you have the money or if you can get a mortgage from another lender.

Pepper would be delighted. All they want is the €90k paid off.

But, you should complete a full mortgage arrears Case Study to get the best information

Thank you for the information! Would you know if any banks would objectify against us getting a mortgage as they are dealing with pepper

No, the banks won't care. You're purchasing a house from your parents, whether there was a mortgage or not doesn't matter.

However, it's a complex thing to do, and your parents should get independentlegal advice (they will need to anyhow to complete a sale to you). Your parents would have to give up all rights before you can get a mortgage on the house - you won't be able to get a mortgage if your parents have a right of residence.

You'd need to provide more information to tease out any further.

It'd be helpful to even know if your parents benefit from the CCMA on their mortgage.

Back