Can he make me sell house?

I think you know the answer already!

He stays on the mortgage until the bank releases him or until the mortgage is paid off. And one simple way to pay off the mortgage is to sell the house. So, yes, in theory, a Court could order the sale of the property when granting a Divorce. Is it likely? Only one way to find out - one of you issues Divorce proceedings.

mf

Get an adjournment

Go into court and say you have had a complete change of heart and get an adjournment at all costs.

Use the time to come up with a plan.

I hate to say it but you need to decide what your cards are. You want your home and a divorce. Well make up your mind there will be no divorce till your home is in your name.

You can put a plan in place to possibly have him replaced on mortgage by a sister or something? There is always a way.

You have arrears and are in negative equity and yet you want to keep the house? Why? In addition it makes you tied to your ex.

Would you not be better off walking away from this? A divorce and sale of the property would be the best solution surely?

Your ex is entitled to move on with his life, which he is trying to do by divorce and having his name removed from the deeds. That's perfectly normal even if it doesn't suit you.

You want to stay in the house and indeed are able to meet the mortgage payments.

It looks like there is no equity in the house your husband would be entlitled to and in any case you've no money to pay him off, but the bank won't allow him to come off the deeds, but I don't think a judge can order that the mortgage be put soley in your name which would be a solution for you both. So the only option the judge has would be to order a sale, but then who is going to pay back the negative equity. Maybe starting the court proceedings and informing the bank of this might focus the banks mind. If your husband has a good job they are unlikely to play ball though.

Judges are going to have to be more inventive for the times we live in, maybe he'll order that you stay in the home and continue with the mortgage and that your husband has no 'interest' in the house, but that still doesn't get the husband off the liability for the mortgage. How that can be solved without the banks agreement, someone wisher than me might have an idea.

What has your solicitor advised you?

Your ex is entitled to move on with his life, which he is trying to do by divorce and having his name removed from the deeds. That's perfectly normal even if it doesn't suit you.

What has your solicitor advised you?

Thats the thing Bronte, he is stopping me moving on with my life, not the other way around, by refusing to divorce me and changing his mind all the time just so it does not get to court.

My solicitor has advised me to keep going the way I am going right now.

Thanks for the advice, I have some things to mull over before summoning him to court now.

Back