Can Form 11 be used to get DIRT refund?

ricta

Hello,
does anyone know if entering DIRT information in the "Irish Deposit Interest" section of 2019 Form 11 will automatically give a refund of DIRT deducted at source?

My spouse was 65 in 2019, our 2019 joint income is less that €36,000, I got DE1 declaration forms into most banks in 2019, but a couple of accounts had DIRT deducted.

My thinking is that my Spouse's birthdate is recorded by Revenue and if I fill in the details about interest received with, and without, DIRT deducted, then their system should know that the DIRT should be refunded, and do so automatically. Hence no need to fill out Form 54.

Anyone have any experience of this working like I think it should? Revenue help lines are shutdown for the foreseeable and their online query response can take weeks.

Thanks in advance.

If you fill in form 11 online, it should indicate whether the refund is due or not

If you fill in form 11 online, it should indicate whether the refund is due or not
good point. I have downloaded a prepopulated 2019 form 11, will fill it out offline and see what it does, thanks

I think you need to fill it in online and click on the Calculate button - no need to submit it until you are ready

Back