Can extractor fan in bathroom be vented into attic?

The steam can be vented into the cold water tank in the attic. If this can be done it is the easiest solution

The steam can be vented into the cold water tank in the attic. If this can be done it is the easiest solution

Unless condensed, this is still going to lead to increased condensation in the attic, and so is not a good idea.

I have read the posts here and just realised that my kitchen extractor must be venting into the eaves space. (dormer bungalow) I have tested this theory today and can hear the output of the fan through the small vents in the soffit outside the kitchen window. I have to get it sorted. I have access to this space but I am curious as to where to put the vent outside. Can I put it on the underside of the soffit board facing down at the ground and connect a flexi-pipe back to the fan in the kitchen? My soffits are aluminium. Is it easy to bore a suitable hole to take the vent fitting?

Still stuck on shower fan venting into attic space - I have used flexiduct to bring it over near a soffitt vent but I know this will cause condensation inside the duct in the cold attic and anyway the steam won't exit the attic well (if at all) in a downward direction !!!
I am very hesitant to have a roof vent fitted, which I believe is the only correct solution - because I hate to intrefere with the integrity of the roof !!!
I've come across a site for "SHOWERDOME" - and wonder if anyone has one and if it works....it's a plastic dome that fits over the top of the shower so it keeps the hot moist air in there with you and doesn't let it escape into the room...so no condensation and no need for an extractor fan !!!
I'm getting to the stage where I was considering not using the extractor fan at all because I'd prefere to have condensation in the room where I can see it rather than up in the attic where it could do damage to the roof structure.
Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Still stuck on shower fan venting into attic space - I have used flexiduct to bring it over near a soffitt vent but I know this will cause condensation inside the duct in the cold attic

You could insulate the duct to minimise this.

it's a plastic dome that fits over the top of the shower so it keeps the hot moist air in there with you and doesn't let it escape into the room.

Fine so long as you don't open the enclosure door after your shower!

Mine is already ducted to the soffit vents inside the attic, I was wondering if I could cut a hole in the soffit, There are lots of plastick fitting that could be made to slot in to this and take the ducting. Does the PVC soffit come out to work on, so that a hole can be made?

Problem solved, had a builder in. There was a vent tile in the roof, practically above the shower, that the construction builders never used, so he obtained a plastic connector for the ducting that fixed into the vent tile and took the ducting up. about half hourd work.

Back