Can anyone recommend a hotel in Dubai?

shaking

Thinking of going to Dubai for a long weekend can anyone recommend a hotel that won't break the bank i.e. < €150 a night?

try this hotel.. clean and cheap plus the food is pretty good

[broken link removed]

it is beside the wadi centre and about 15 mins from the airport...

P.S don't take the taxi's that hang around outside the door, they are twice the price of the local cabs.

I stayed in the Carlton Tower a couple of times (about two years ago). It's not far from the airport and was very nice and very reasonable (as I recall, about 130 euros, booked probably through hotelclub.com or hotels.com). It's a good standard four star, only downside is its along a busy road but that wasn't really a problem. Good service though, nice hotel for business use. It looks out on Dubai creek, not far from the marina.
Put "Dubai" into the search on hotelclub.com and see what offers are on there. Don't try the hotel websites directly, at least not until you see what's on offer with the discounters.

Thanks for the replies were going to up the budget to €250 a night as there doesn't seem to be much at the lower end of the scale. Anyone recommend a hotel in that bracket?

I was at a conference in Dubai a few years ago... I stayed in The Astoria in the Bur Dubai area... It's in the older less 'touristy' area... The hotel is basic, but the staff are very nice, and their hospitality is second to none!... The welcome is always warm... The three restaurants in the hotel are very good... When I go to Dubai again, this is where I'll be staying...

http://www.astamb.com/

Hope this helps...

We stayed in the Renassance Hotel 2 years ago, lovely hotel. Great food.

[broken link removed]

aerlingus has hotels on its web site,some are cheaper than others,i used it to locate the karama hotel.it was clean and basic,about 15 mins from airport.i think the taxi pick up at the airport was about 20 euro before you move.its cheap otherwise in a taxi.only fault with the hotel was the disco downstairs,noisy till it finishes.

Back