Can a lending agent contact your employer

Going forward

Can a lending agent like a credit union or bank contact your employer to see if you go from a probationary period to full time permanent employment when making a loan application.

Have they a right to contact your employer.

Thanks for replys

Can a lending agent like a credit union or bank contact your employer to see if you go from a probationary period to full time permanent employment when making a loan application.

Have they a right to contact your employer.

Thanks for replys

I seem to remember signing something within loan paperwork which gave consent for them to contact my employer. They never did though, but presumably they'd only do that if someone's in a job for less than a year?

Thank you for your reply.

My friend just gone from probationary to full time and is the process of making mortgage application but had to wait until probationary period was over so at this point the lending agency could check with their employer or if you have a letter from employer that you have successfully completed your probationary period would they still ring your employer to confirm same or is letter sufficient enough.

Thanks

They will want the letter but they could still ring to check any of the details of income. Would be surprised if the permission for this was not part of the small print on the mortgage application form, you know the stuff no one reads and just signs!

When I was having the finance department fill in my income form she said she will take a photocopy of the completed form as they sometimes ring to confirm the info.

So the answer is yes.

Back