Can a freezing order be lifted?

Staffie

My parents are a long time separated and living apart for many years. They never sorted a divorce.

My father got into severe financial difficulty. A vulture fund was due to come in and take control of his property. The property he bought after moving out from the family home. Not only that he has a large revenue bill. It's a big mess.

A plan came about from dealing with mabs for my father to sell his property (his second property) to pay down on all his debts.

The house didn't sell and my mother got worried and she began to move with a divorce to separate herself from this mess.

A few recent developments occured. A freezing order was applied to my father.

Someone came forward interested in buying the house.

My mother isn't looking for any money from my father in a divorce settlement. He has nothing left anyways.

My question is, can a freezing order be lifted? Lifting the order and allowing the sale would be best case scenario all around. My mother will be contacting her solicitor first thing Monday morning. Just trying to get a step ahead to see where we stand.

If it can't be lifted, if my mother backs out from the divorce at this stage (and perhaps trying again next year when the housing situation is cleared up) woud the freezing order be lifted that way?

A freezing order was applied to my father.

Can you explain exactly what that means?

Who got the freezing order?

Was it from the Revenue to stop him selling his house and dissipating the money?

How much is the house worth?
How much is the mortgage to the vulture fund?

Brendan

No, the freezing order came about in relation to the divorce. It's not from revenue.

The vulture fund debt is 120000. The revenue debt is about 30000. The house is worth 180000. He's dealing with mabs and they came up with the plan of selling his property before the vulture fund gains control of the property. If it all goes to plan and the house sells, he will be able to pay down on all his debts and still have a place to live in.

The family home is in jeopardy too but if the plan laid out above works out, the family home should be saved. It's all a big fat mess.

Divorce proceedings has thrown a spanner in the works with a freezing order.

Back