Camping Sanguli & Salou

tosullivan

Has anyone stayed at Camping Sanguli or even Cambrils camp site before and if so let me know what they thought of it?

Also wondering what the nearby town of Salou is like?

Has anyone stayed at Camping Sanguli or even Cambrils camp site before and if so let me know what they thought of it?

I spent 2 weeks in Cap Salou in July. I spent some time in Cambrils and enjoyed some great seafood, as well as getting a sense of being in Spain.

Salou, on the other hand, is somewhere I would never choose to go to again. Over-developed high-rise & completely oriented to the UK & Ireland tourist market. I would choose stronger language to express my opinion, but the moderator wouldn't tolerate it ;).

Salou, on the other hand, is somewhere I would never choose to go to again. Over-developed high-rise & completely oriented to the UK & Ireland tourist market. I would choose stronger language to express my opinion, but the moderator wouldn't tolerate it ;)

This is completely contrary to what I saw when I was there, there was infact one building on the promenade that was about 15-20 stories high, everything else was much lower than this, infact we commented on how it is very unlike the likes of Torremolinos, Benidorm etc as it was so low rise ! We found the place very nice, spotless clean and certainly not overdeveloped.

Sanguli is not like any French site you may have stayed on. It had everything you would expect inc. shop, bar, pools, restaurants, plenty of entertainment but I didn't like the feel of the place, too cramped I felt . . possibly I'm odd but I much prefer French sites. The beach in Salou is nice, and just 40 yards from the entrance to Sanguli. I can't fault Salou except that, again, I don't really like that type of resort town.

is Salou right on the door step to Sanguli or far enough away that you would think it wasn't there?

Apart from Portaventura, is there much else to do in that region?

This is completely contrary to what I saw when I was there, .. We found the place very nice, spotless clean and certainly not overdeveloped.

I have a different opinion.

If you had travelled on the Plana bus from Cap Salou or La Pineda, you could not have missed the high-rise high-density holiday accomodation that is the basis of my opinion. I agree that the beachfront is low-rise.

tosullivan said:
Apart from Portaventura, is there much else to do in that region?

Port Aventura includes a water park (Cap Caribe) and there is another one (Aquapolis) in La Pineda. You could take a bus to Tarragona, which provides a sense of being in Spain and has extensive Roman ruins, or even further on to Barcelona.

thanks for your info....booked sanguli this evening....this place is popular. Its booked out for most of next summer already....must be good..!!!!!!!

Stayed in Sanguili 2 years ago and thought the campsite itself was brilliant,especially the entertainment at night.
Would have to agree that Salou itself is over-developed and a bit tacky,Cambrils is a much nicer resort,Sanguili is situated a half way between both.
If you've booked its too late to tell you,you might already know,that there's a fortune to be saved booking directly with the campsite and flying with ryanair to Reus rather than booking with keycamp or the other operators.

Back