camping in ireland

M

murray

We are doing the Irish campsite thing this year with two small children and would appreciate any recommendations for family-friendly campsites.
Thanks.

camping

The Tourist Board do a booklet every year listing all registered campsites in the country. They don't cover NI though and of the entire Island I would most highly recommend any campsite in NI. The one in Rostrevor in particular is excellent for kids. Also liked the Anchor Caravan park, Castlegregory, Co Kerry - has private access to a lovely beach so great if you get the weather.

Re: camping

best campsite i ever stayed in was in Renvyle, just beyond Tullycrosswww.camping-ireland.ie/caravan-parks/camping.php?id=129. pitch your tent up beside the beach with the door facing clare island. fantastic views when you wake up in morning, sets you up for the day.

not the most modern luxurious site in the world but certainly one of the most scenic. i have always enjoyed our visits there.

p

Re: camping

Agree that Rostrevor is very good for the kids - it's run by the local authority, is set in a park with playgrounds, a restaurant, forrests, and lots more.

The time we stayed there it seemed to be quite big-groupish though, whereas most other sites we have stayed in tended to be filled with individual families. The big groups made a good bit of noise at night - I'm not sure if it was just our time there or if this is normal for that place.

z

Back