Camera film - where to develop ?

P

peggybetty

Anyone know cheap but good quality place in Dublin to get camera film developed?

Anyone ever use the postal services ? I have an envelope from PhotoSave in Kerry - any good ?

Thanks

Any of the Boots chemists are good quality.

The Photosave place in Kerry has very poor quality paper. I tried them once before and would not recommend them.

[broken link removed] is about the same price as photosave, and I don't see anything wrong with the paper they use... (Fuji, I think?)

Films

If you're not in a hurry the 3 day service in Boots is good value at 5 euro. Got some films developed in Spectra lately and thought the quality had gone down and the price up.

Film

I shopped around and found that in Dublin centre, the best place is the chemist on Grafton Street, at the corner with Anne Street. There is not much difference in price compared to Boots (around a euro cheaper), but they throw in a free roll of film. €10.50 for 36 exposures, as far as I can remember (July).

I found that the postal development service is good, but you must pay p & p for each roll, which defeats the whole purpose of saving money.

Thanks

Thanks for replies.

I'd had similar issue with Spectra, I didn't realise the "standard" size of photo was now 5X7, not a 4X6, of course you get charged extra and the qulaity wasn't great.

Re: Thanks

Did the photosave and the quality was perfect. Are you sure it wasn't your photography that was the problem?

Also with Photosave you get 2 free films instead of 1.

re

Joe,

Are photosave still using the pink envelopes? I got one a year ago but wasnt sure if it would still work or end up with my films being lost somewhere in deep Kerry!"

Back