calling mobiles in england

mer

Hi there,

can anyone help me, i make a lot of calls/texts to uk orange mobile and my phone bill is around 350 a month with vodafone bill pay :( , does anybody know if there is a cheaper network for international calls/texts or what is the best way to go. Thanks a million.

You can send 250 free text messages a month using the internet login with O2 and Vodafone whether bill pay or prepaid.
The difference is with o2 you can send those texts internationally to any country in the world whereas with meteor and vodafone your free texts cant be sent outside the country.

My Bro lives in UK, there are no roaming charges with O2. He has an o2 phone where we all call him on that at local IRL call prices.

he has UK phone for UK calls.

Is it just 1 no you call?
you may be able to use this arrangement with that person.

yes i just phone one uk number should i get them an o2 irish sim, would it work out cheaper if i got one too?

check out the offers by VF and o2, both as far as I know charge no roaming to UK. Then you both could take adavntage of what evers specific offer "friends for free" etc that the suitable network offers and you could all of a suddne be calling UK for free.

Check out Skype also if they they have BB and a comp - free.

Hi,

I use [broken link removed]

I have no connection with them, but I have my landline and mobile registered. Most calls from landline are free and very low cost from mobile.

Uk rates from mobile for example (cent/min)

united kingdom (land lines) 0 </br> united kingdom (mobile) 9 <br> united kingdom [0845 rate] (land lines) 5 <br> united kingdom [national rate] (land lines) 10

It may suit your needs. It works great for me.

Just to note if you decide to go with the 2 O2 (or vodafone) sim cards then apparently you have to request that you do not want to be charged for roaming in the UK. I know it sounds silly but I was in the UK recently, I use O2 and have roaming setup, but was charged for the calls. When I got my bill I gave them a call and asked why they advertise free roaming in the UK and I was charged - they told me that I have to ask for the free roaming, that it's not automatically setup on the account!

Another option could be to get the add on from Vodafone for international minutes - it's 10 for 35 mins - if you want you can get more minutes (eg 70) for more money ;)

I use my vodafone phone to call a dublin landline run by blueface.ie and then use my blueface pay as you go credit for the international leg.
This local call leg is essentially free for me as I don't ever quite use up all of the free minutes as part of my vodafone package, and the international leg is 1.2c a minute for uk landlines and about 16c for uk mobiles(varies by uk mob provider). rates at: blueface.ie/rates/rates.aspx hope this helps.. saved me a bundle..

You can try it for free with a 1€ credit to see if you like it. that's what clinched it for me day 1.

wow theres lots more options than i thought thanks a million everyone, i'm going to have a look online now :D

Hi,

I use [broken link removed]

I have no connection with them, but I have my landline and mobile registered. Most calls from landline are free and very low cost from mobile.

Uk rates from mobile for example (cent/min)

united kingdom (land lines) 0 </br> united kingdom (mobile) 9 <br> united kingdom [0845 rate] (land lines) 5 <br> united kingdom [national rate] (land lines) 10

It may suit your needs. It works great for me.

This seems like my best option do you know if the number you call in ireland comes out of your inclusive mobile minutes if you have a bill phone?

Sorry for the late reply, I was away... The access number is a dublin landline number it seems but I really don't know how it would affect minutes etc on a contract. Suggest try for a month and see maybe, not sure if you can tell in a shorter period.
Good luck with it anyway.

Thank you! i'm trying it out and so far am saving a fortune, if the number is included on my monthly minutes then it will be the perfect solution!

Thanks a mill for all you help :D

Back