Calling all accountants - Time&Fees Query

alfabeta

I have just had a quotation from Relate Software for their Time and Fees Package and it seem rather expensive, particularly for a small practice (ok if you have a large number of staff. We do have Sage Platinum Package however have nightmares with them and never actually got their Time&Fees package to work and I was recently told by Sage that they have now changed the T&F to some other name that has totally escaped me and that the old T&F package no longer works. Has anyone got any experience with Relate or Sage in relation to this package or any other suggestions?? Are their any other packages out there?

We just purchases all of RELATE's program's. We were very impressed by the presentation and believe it will help our practice into the future. We wont be going live till January so i cant comment as to its effectiveness in the day to day work.

Thanks for your reply TripleA. I was too quite impressed with their Time & Fees Product albeit I have nothing to compare it too as I never managed to get the Sage T & F product up and running. I have not seen their Accounts Production package yet and they don't have a payroll package so I will be stuck with the Sage product, which in itself works fine with the odd problem. Guess I am just trying to justify the cost of purchasing a new product as we bought all the sage packages at great expense before even though I only managed to get three of them up and running. Would be fine if sage would refund the cost of their T&F package but that just dreaming.

...never actually got their Time&Fees package to work and I was recently told by Sage that they have now changed the T&F to some other name that has totally escaped me and that the old T&F package no longer works.

Good god... surely that is worth kicking up an almight stink until you get your money back?? T&F package that never worked and now no longer works.

Are their any other packages out there?

I think that Relate Software product is called DRIVE. I'd be interested to hear any feedback from people on that or any other products. At present the biro, diary and eyeballing codes system appears to have a few holes in it. :eek:

Thanks Delber, I actually live near to where they are so may call in some evening (if I can ever manage to get out of here in time)

Yeh Newby, you would think that I have a case but have you ever dealt with Sage, they are an absolute disaster (if I am allowed say that on a board), I have had a headach with them for over four years and am totally sick of them. I also have the SSAPs package who were bought over by Sage and this package is still bacisally the old SSAPs package which is pretty good and the support is also good as they are the original people.

I have not seen their Accounts Production package yet and they don't have a payroll package so I will be stuck with the Sage product, which in itself works fine with the odd problem.

We do payroll software suitable for accountants and payroll bureaux. Download a free trial at www.payback.ie

You could try a Relate/Mamut/Payback combo.
http://www.relate-software.com/

[NOTE: I'm connected with Payback and Mamut]

Thanks for that, I shall check out the payroll packages. Been on to Sage again this morning as I received numerous discs in the post but still nothing on Time & Fees. Someone is supposed to be coming out to talk to me face to face so watch this space, who knows what will happen.

For payroll software you cannot beat Collsoft. Keenly priced and simple to learn and use.

Thanks Simplejoe, never heard of Collsoft, but I will check it out. Unforturnatly I am quite ok with the Sage Payroll package but if I do get nowhere with them on the other items I would have to consider not using them for anything at all, so it is good that I check out all what is on the market.

Back