Calling AIB customers who fixed before the latest fixed rate cuts in September 2020

No I didn’t fix yet, just completed switch last week and intended to fix once I brought under 50% LTV (the valuation for the switch would stand for four-six months). I will be bringing mortgage down as far as I can so should be well under 50%. The work won’t be completed for B3 until june/July so I just wondered if I should fix now given I should be able to break out with no fee or am I deluded? Should I leave as is until I have everything done?

Should I fix at 2.35% and then try and break in July/August to pay off an amount and get the 2.1%?
That's what I would do. But note AIB could potentially calculate a break fee if they drop their 4 year rate below 2.35% before then.
It's not going to make a massive difference for 3 months as their LTV variable rates are also lower (compared to other banks).

Good point, I'm not too far away. Have contacted a valuer on the AIB list to get that process sorted and will then know whether I need to make a chunk payment to get under 80%.

But yes, as far as I know I can do all sorts at the moment: change rates, pay off a chunk earlier, pay extra, even leave altogether and it should be free.
Just got a valuation done which will push us below 80% LTV. Looking like the best €150 I've spent in a while! Thanks again to @RedOnion and @Jazz01 for the suggestion. Hopefully the switching process is smooth.

Back