Called for Jury service - can't go - consequences?

Does he provide any kind of important community service - vet, doctor, dentist etc?

Nope , He is a '' light equipment operator ''

Dose'nt have an elderly relative ,

Could take holidays , but cannot prove he is going away somewhere significant .

Could the only option left be medical grounds ?

Nope , He is a '' light equipment operator ''

Dose'nt have an elderly relative ,

Could take holidays , but cannot prove he is going away somewhere significant .

Could the only option left be medical grounds ?

Sounds like the same guy I know.

If I'm not mistaking, isn't he deaf in one ear and can't hear with the other?? :):)

Think about it.............

Well Sparkrite - That may well be true . Why do you think I am asking the question here ?

I can't hear you , but I can see what you are saying ! :)

Well Sparkrite - That may well be true . Why do you think I am asking the question here ?

I can't hear you , but I can see what you are saying ! :)

Nice reply:)
Well there you go Allthedoyles, surely he can lay his hand on an ear horn or two............

The extent to which contributors go to evade or avoid jury duty makes you wonder about the level of competency of those who end up on juries

I don't think I could honestly do Jury Service at all - I'd probably know the accused.

Why doesnt he want to do it? Did it once and found it very interesting. You also get a few days of work on full pay plus free meals.

Why doesnt he want to do it? Did it once and found it very interesting. You also get a few days of work on full pay plus free meals.

I think you can also claim "Jury Service" on your household insurance.

Just been called, what type of cases go on at the Four Courts ?

Depends which court you are summonsed to - Central Criminal or Circuit Criminal. The Central has the more serious offences such as murder. If its in the Four Courts you should go - will be last chance to see a criminal trial in this setting as criminal stuff is being moved to the new complex by Christmas.

You could take your chances and attend on the day. There are many reasons to be excused on the day. I was called and attended but was very busy at work so didn't want to be picked, but would have been curious about the experience had I not been so busy at work. Several people gave excuses on the day, holidays, children being minded (only if it is likely that the trial will run over one day), I was called up and knew one of the guards who was on the scene of the accident so I was dismissed. One lady told the judge she had a hearing problem and when he asked to what extent she said what? and he dismissed her straight away, among much laughter. Another person knew a sister of the accused, a brother of the defendant etc etc. You could also say that as the person had a mustache/Dublin accent/curly hair that you would be automatically prejudiced against them! (not entirely sure about the last one!)

Back