Calculation of FIS

McStuffins

Due to medical problems, my hours have been reduced. This coincided with my FIS renewal.

Full time I was earning just under the limit for a person with one child. Now I am earning substantially less (from the beginning of last month).

I sent in my renewal form with all my details, completed by my employer with my new income, added in my P60, a letter explaining my hours had been reduced and proof of my new contracted reduced hours.

I get notice today that based on my P60 I am only eligible for the minimum FIS payment. They seem to have completely ignored the fact that I am no longer earning that amount.

I really just can't live on my current income. I'm a single parent with a disability. I don't get Disability Allowance as I was refused last year for being about 2euro per week over the income limit (when they combined my wages and FIS). It took 8 months for that claim to be assessed so even I apply again for DA it'd be next year before they assess it.

I am not entitled to claim One Parent Family Allowance either as my child is too old.

I will obviously appeal but surely this is some sort of mistake? Can they really base my claim on what I was earning last year even if my hours have reduced drastically? If it's not a mistake then how likely is it that my appeal would be successful and how long does it take for an appeal to be reviewed?

Thanks

Back