Calculating TRS also allowance ?

Determined

OK I get to move into the new house soon
Affordable housing bought by shared ownership

Totsl monthly payments 1175.08

Mortgage equity is 123300k
733.25 mthly this includes a "small" charge for Mortgage protection Insurance etc over 29 years

Rental Equity is 123300k (50/50)
441.83 mthly
I've already calculated the rental relief I can get on this portion to be 150 bringing my total payment mthly to 1025.08

So

My questions are how do I calculate the Mortgage interest relief also the ceilings being 10k for a single person and 20k for married/widowed
Anyone know if I can get more than the single allowance being a seperated single parent

Thanks for any advice all of the above is all I know about my mortgage deal DCC haven't given me any further info so don't know what rate I have etc

Last edited:
with the 10k ceiling you are allowed 20 per cent of that per year. So,that works out 2k a year. However this doesn't mean that you can claim all of it.

Say if your interest payments (not the total, just interest part) are 100 euro a month (I know it is quite low but as an example) even though you are allowed 2000/12 a month, you can only claim up to whatever the interest portion is.

On the rent relief part, I am not sure how you got the figure, I thought the limit per year is around €500.

Thanks Dublinli still not sure though I suppose it's impossible to tell then without knowing what the rate is ?
The rental relief is calculated as per previous years earnings it's a seperate system for shared ownership mine isn't even top of the scale it goes up to 212 per month rent relief but don't know how anyone could afford a mortgage if their earnings were low enough in prev tax yr (under 13k) to qualify for that band
It's a minefied :)

Back