Cadburys selection box ad

ney001

Quick rant - I fecking hate that ad on the radio for Cadburys selection boxes - your man sounds like a right creep speaking in a half whisper trying to create the mood of Christmas morning and a selection box! :mad:

Bah Humbug!

I agree, but for a different reason. It's a blatant atttempt to jump on the Barry's Tea bandwagon. I'd be very annoyed if I was paying an ad agency to be creative and the best they could come up with was this knock-off.

I thought it was more like a knock off of the Mastercard adverts? ("Knowing what it means to be Irish? Priceless") Even sounds like the same bloke.

But yes, annoying either way.

I agree, but for a different reason. It's a blatant atttempt to jump on the Barry's Tea bandwagon. I'd be very annoyed if I was paying an ad agency to be creative and the best they could come up with was this knock-off.

I agree with you its a definite copy of the Barrys Tea Ad and i agree with ney that the guy speaking sounds like a creep

I agree with you its a definite copy of the Barrys Tea Ad and i agree with ney that the guy speaking sounds like a creep

He actually reminds me of Christian Bale in the new Bat man, all needlessly raspy and annoying! - I remember hating getting the cadburys selection box instead of the posher nestle box.........................

Q lots of 'when I was a kid we got one sock and an orange' :D:D

Q lots of 'when I was a kid we got one sock and an orange' :D:D

One sock and an orange? Weren't you priveliged? When I were a lad, we got a stone and a piece of baling twine and the old man used to tell us it was a kit for making a yo-yo. Mind you, we were down pit at age 5 etc. etc.

I havent heard that Cadbury Selection box ad. Must keep an ear out.

I was just thinking of posting my own hate thread. For Garmin Sat Nav. A horrible wheedling American voice like a chicken being strangled. Get lane assist. Get lane assist. The voice is pure evil. Like a man pretending to be a woman. It's not lane assist that person needs. I can't put into words how much I hate it. When it comes on the radio, I actually tell it to eff off, even if I am on my own in the car. I really should get out more. Worst ad ever.

I will (never, never never geta Garmin. Never never never get a Garmin. )

Even if I still get lost in Crumlin when I have lived on the Westside of the city for almost 40 years.

Rant over.

MandaC - I salute you. I HATE that advert with a passion. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Me three!! I wondered why on EARTH Garmin agreed to the whole "Apprentice" thing.........then I heard their own ad. Awful!!

That Cadburys one is a stinker too, he just goes on....and on.....and on!

That sat-nav advert is so vile it should be banned for safety reasons. Although I use a hands-free phone yoke while driving, it should be extended to hands-free operation of the radio as I will immediately reach for the radio to switch channel / turn it off / punch it when I hear that grating abomination.

MandaC - comforting to hear I'm not the only one to roar obscenities at the radio while alone in my car.

I think this advert deserves it's own thread.

For Garmin Sat Nav. A horrible wheedling American voice like a chicken being strangled. Get lane assist. Get lane assist. The voice is pure evil. Like a man pretending to be a woman. It's not lane assist that person needs. I can't put into words how much I hate it. When it comes on the radio, I actually tell it to eff off, even if I am on my own in the car. I really should get out more. Worst ad ever.

Oohhh yes indeed MandaC :mad:

"Sights come aLIVE - dooring the drive"

She sounds like Ruby Wax on speed.

Soooo glad to hear that the Garmin ad provokes similar fury - that woman is beyond annoying and they clearly spent zero time localising the ad for the Irish (or anywhere non-US) market. Lane assist? I ask you!? I would dearly love to see how that thing works when trying to negotiate Stephen's Green.

And another thing - those two women chatting about where's the best creche to send their children ("because nothing is too good for your precious child") - zomg but they make my head a-splode!

Back